- What’s the nut graf? essentially addressing why this story is important
After learning how often people of different cultures are not taught to appreciate their culture, language, heritage and race all together I wanted to document how this can be helped. The Spanish Immersion Montessori School offers total language immersion as well as multicultural Montessori education. With teachers who speak many different languages from all over the world, this environment offers children from 15 months to 5 years old the opportunity to learn in a way that many other schools don’t embrace.
- Profiles of the main person or people in the story
SIMS Founder/Director, Jouveth Shortell.
Possibly a student’s parent –> why this school is important to them/why they chose to send their child there.
- The event or situation
- Any process or how something works
- Pros and cons
Pros: awareness of the benefits of Montessori learning and early learning of different languages
Cons: parents not wanting their children filmed
- The history of the event or situation
Explain in the beginning of the video how Montessori schools came to be/why they are beneficial to some kids learning styles
- Other related issues raised by the story
Covid., racism leading to parents not teaching their children their language, America not valuing other languages as much as other countries
- What are the links to the other sections of the story?
- What’s the menu or navigation for accessing those sections?
Camera angles will be very much as if you are one with the school. Perspective will be focused on seeing through the eyes of the student/fly on the wall.
- What multimedia elements do you want to include?
Mainly video with audio